The Vizibles blog spot is a forum to show work from my self, recieve comments and make contact.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How did the name 'The Vizibles' come about?

THE VIZIBLES is what it is, it roles of the tongue has a natural great sound, that is easy to remember and captures the essence of what materialises, it takes what the mind creates and makes it tangible. You can touch it and see it. Its carefully placed vowels and consonants represent a deep set history and passion for the visual world. - THE VIZIBLES started with a colleague from Stockholm with a discussion on a variation. Originally their was a secret society called the THE INVISIBLES with an 'S'. As a response to this I once tagged a piece of work with the name MR INVIZIBLE with a 'Z'. This name didn't sit comfortabley for me so I continued to pursue a more original idea. At that point I noticed that their was a sudden use of the idea from a multimedia event called the (IN)VISIBLES. That somebody was so easily using the idea so I created a variation that would make more sense as an individual mark. THE VIZIBLES with a 'Z' I continued to tag lots of online flyers that were going to the BitterZoet in Amsterdam, and then their was a very clear distinction that creatives were using this variation 'visible' to describe their work it became an in word. I have this variation as a .com which at the moment is not online. - www.thevizibles.com . This process can be seen as an act of stimulating culture.

No comments: